Header image

Header image

Tuesday 29 April 2014

An eclectic note

So, this is just FRIGHTENINGLY good:



Also this video is everything about what I can't do in the Skippy yet (I don't know why I can't embed this one):


* smooth
* hitting apexes
* balanced
* effortless
* fast

Finally, some cats hitting apexes and powering to the track out point:



After doing nearly 50 laps(!) with AB in the Skippy last night as a familiarisation exercise (muchos gracias) I went back to the RUF at COTA and stayed up to 2FrickenAM (Australian Eastern Stupid Time), and finally got down into the high 1:34's.  By geez, I have some consistency to work on and where the top guys find another 3 seconds I have no idea, but now I really do enjoy the S's there and I really enjoy that track I have to say.  That first corner is so deceptive, have to brake so much earlier than it looks.  I still can't nail the 2nd to last corner, it looks easy, but I just can't do it well (I do a fine pirouette).  The fast sweeper just prior is just unbelievably good fun when you know you can plant the right foot and get the boost up, wow, electric.

No comments:

Post a Comment