Header image

Header image

Wednesday 9 April 2014

3 Screen Cockpit Planning

Filed within the "This is how crazy obsessed we become" department, I began to think ahead to a 3-monitor setup extension to the Next Level Racing Wheel stand.  I've personally been having to tear down and setup the wheel stand and computer in front of my 50" Pioneer Plasma TV in the lounge room each and every time I wanted to play.  I also therefore need to compete with my wife's desire to watch a bit of TV now and then, so my racing time is sporadic, and usually very late (once she's in bed).

So with the thought towards setting up a more permanent place within the house, I started a SketchUp model of our spare room to see where/if it would fit.


It's an early iteration of the drawing.  I'm using the dimensions of a potential monitor pick of a BenQ XL2720T, and based it on the wall mounting dimensions, but the screens do look a lot deeper than I thought.

I do want to flesh out the detail of this model (because I'm crazy) so that it looks a bit more realistic than these bounding boxes, but this first iteration has at least confirmed that the original location I thought it might fit in within the spare room, won't!

This does not bode well for the queen sized bed that is currently in this room (not rendered in the pic).

No comments:

Post a Comment